2010 Tennessee Code
Title 3 - Legislature
Chapter 16 - Office of Management Information Systems
3-16-101 - Creation Duties.
3-16-101. Creation Duties.
There is created the office of management information systems for the general assembly, which has the duty to:
(1) Operate an automated data processing center and perform computing and programming services as are required for data processing applications by the members of the general assembly, the legislative committees, the offices of legislative administration, legislative services and legal services, the clerks of the senate and house of representatives, and the fiscal review committee in the performing of their respective duties;
(2) Cooperate and consult with the chief clerk of the senate, the chief clerk of the house of representatives, the directors of all offices under the control of the committee in developing and maintaining computer programs and services required for the operation of such offices;
(3) Advise the joint legislative services committee on matters relating to computer services and computer needs and uses of the legislative computer system;
(4) Maintain on its electronic data processing equipment the complete text of Tennessee Code Annotated for the use of the general assembly and its staff and the Tennessee code commission and its staff;
(5) Coordinate and administer the scheduling and use of computer programs and machine time to facilitate application of computer and other office machine technology for the storing and retrieving all of the financial, factual, procedural, legal and other information necessary to serve all of the committees, officers and agencies of the general assembly; and
(6) Perform all other duties the joint legislative services committee, the speakers, or the general assembly may deem essential to the efficient operation of the legislative branch.
[Acts 1987, ch. 163, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.