2011 South Dakota Code
Title 58 INSURANCE
Chapter 08. Unauthorized Insurers
§58-8-2 Acts which do not constitute representing or aiding unauthorized insurer.
58-8-2. Acts which do not constitute representing or aiding unauthorized insurer. Section 58-8-1 shall not apply to:
(1) Acceptance of service of process by the director under § 58-8-8;
(2) Surplus lines insurance, and other transactions as to which a certificate of authority is not required of an insurer as stated in § 58-6-4;
(3) Reinsurance as authorized by chapter 58-14;
(4) The services of an adjuster with respect to claims under policies lawfully solicited, issued and delivered outside South Dakota;
(5) The professional services of an attorney at law.
Source: SL 1966, ch 111, ch 12, § 1 (1).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.