2010 South Dakota Code
Title 54 - DEBTOR AND CREDITOR
Chapter 03 - Interest And Usury
- Section 54-3-1 - Interest defined.
- Section 54-3-1.1 - Rate of interest set by written agreement--No maximum or usury restriction.
- Section 54-3-2 - Loan of money--Presumption as to interest.
- Section 54-3-3 - Annual rate of interest where not specified.
- Section 54-3-4 - Maximum rate of interest where no rate specified--Commencement where date not specified.
- Section 54-3-5 - Interest on moneys after they become due--Exception for express contracts or interest rate on bill, statement, or invoice--Limitation on interest rate.
- Section 54-3-5.1 - Interest on judgments, statutory liens and inverse condemnations.
- Section 54-3-6 - Legal rate of interest stipulated by contract after breach.
- Section 54-3-7 - Repealed.
- Section 54-3-7.1 - Repealed.
- Section 54-3-7.2 - Repealed.
- Section 54-3-7.3 - Omitted.
- Section 54-3-7.4 - Omitted.
- Section 54-3-8 - Interest on loan--Advance deduction.
- Section 54-3-9 - Repealed.
- Section 54-3-10 - Repealed.
- Section 54-3-11 - Repealed.
- Section 54-3-12 - Repealed.
- Section 54-3-13 - Regulated lenders exempt from interest rate limitations and usury statutes.
- Section 54-3-14 - "Regulated lenders" defined.
- Section 54-3-15 - Exemption from federal preemption of state usury laws.
- Section 54-3-16 - Official state interest rates.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.