2010 South Dakota Code
Title 46 - WATER RIGHTS
Chapter 06 - Groundwater And Wells
- Section 46-6-1 - Vested rights defined.
- Section 46-6-2 - Filing of vested right claim by claimant of vested right to groundwater--Hearing--Mandatory filing--Waiver of right.
- Section 46-6-3 - Appropriation of groundwater authorized.
- Section 46-6-3.1 - Annual withdrawal of groundwater not to exceed recharge--Exception for water distribution systems.
- Section 46-6-4 - Repealed.
- Section 46-6-5 - Repealed.
- Section 46-6-6 - Collection, preservation, and publication of data on underground water.
- Section 46-6-6.1 - Rules and regulations governing large capacity wells--Criteria and contents.
- Sections 46-6-6.2, 46-6-7 - Repealed
- Section 46-6-8 - Repealed.
- Section 46-6-9 - Well driller license--Fee--Issuance.
- Section 46-6-9.1 - Well driller or well pump installer license--Revocation.
- Section 46-6-9.2 - Well driller's license or well pump installer's license required for certain persons.
- Section 46-6-9.3 - Well pump installer license--Fee--Issuance.
- Section 46-6-9.4 - Certain persons exempt from well pump installer license requirements.
- Section 46-6-9.5 - Well pump installers and well drillers prohibited from performing certain acts without appropriate license.
- Section 46-6-10 - Wells to be constructed so as to prevent waste--Methods of construction, specification by board.
- Section 46-6-11 - Records of well construction required.
- Section 46-6-12 - Inspection of wells by chief engineer or state geologist.
- Section 46-6-13 - Measurement of flow and pressure of wells by chief engineer.
- Section 46-6-14 - Waste of water from large capacity well prohibited.
- Section 46-6-15 - Uncontrolled artesian well--Definition--Owner to notify board of size and location.
- Section 46-6-16 - Uncontrolled artesian well from oil and gas exploration--Notice to chief engineer.
- Section 46-6-17 - Repealed.
- Section 46-6-18 - Plugging abandoned or forfeited well by owner--"Owner" defined.
- Section 46-6-19 - Repealed.
- Section 46-6-20 - Rules and regulations of board relating to wells.
- Section 46-6-21 - Control of large capacity well required.
- Sections 46-6-22, 46-6-23 - Repealed
- Section 46-6-24 - Liability for damages to domestic and municipal wells.
- Section 46-6-25 - Domestic and municipal well protection--Enforceability--Fees and costs.
- Section 46-6-26 - Permits may be denied or conditioned to protect domestic or municipal wells or natural springs.
- Section 46-6-27 - Plugging, sealing, or capping abandoned wells required--Rules.
- Section 46-6-28 - Geological survey to plug unused wells.
- Section 46-6-29 - Plugging or controlling large capacity well by chief engineer--Costs.
- Section 46-6-30 - Order of chief engineer for proper construction or repair of well--Plugging or controlling well--Costs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.