2010 South Dakota Code
Title 41 - GAME, FISH, PARKS AND FORESTRY
Chapter 15 - Enforcement Powers And Procedures
- Section 41-15-1 - Department to enforce game and fish laws.
- Section 41-15-2 - Jurisdiction of courts and officers over boundary waters--Concurrent jurisdiction of adjoining states.
- Section 41-15-3 - Law enforcement officers to enforce game and fish laws.
- Sections 41-15-4, 41-15-5 - Repealed
- Section 41-15-6 - Inspection and counting of birds, animals, and fish to be permitted by person in possession--Stopping of motor vehicle or other conveyance for inspection.
- Section 41-15-7 - Refusal to permit or interference with inspection as misdemeanor.
- Section 41-15-8 - Inspection of hotels, restaurants, cold storage plants, and icehouses authorized.
- Section 41-15-9 - Repealed.
- Section 41-15-10 - Conservation officers authorized to execute process--Arrest without warrant--Assistance by peace officers--"Conservation officer" defined.
- Section 41-15-10.1 - Law enforcement powers of conservation officers certified or appointed by law enforcement officers standards commission.
- Section 41-15-11 - Summons issued to person arrested for misdemeanor--Release from custody on promise to appear--Bond required of nonresident.
- Section 41-15-12 - Repealed.
- Section 41-15-13 - Taking before magistrate on refusal of promise to appear on misdemeanor charge.
- Section 41-15-14 - Seizure and disposition of contraband game, fish and unlawful devices.
- Section 41-15-15 - Seizure of hunting and fishing equipment for use as evidence--Return to defendant--Abandonment by failure to claim.
- Section 41-15-16 - Destruction of unlawful hunting or fishing device by law enforcement officer--Immunity from liability.
- Section 41-15-16.1 - Fish house or other shelter on ice of public waters--Seizure or destruction.
- Section 41-15-17 - Search warrant for contraband bird, animal, fish, or skin--Execution of warrant.
- Section 41-15-18 - Unlawfully possessed bird, animal, fish, skin, or container as contraband--Seizure by officer.
- Section 41-15-18.1 - Guns, implements, or vehicles unlawfully used in killing or transporting elk or buffalo as contraband--Seizure by officer.
- Section 41-15-19 - Report to director of contraband seized.
- Section 41-15-20 - Sale of contraband and abandoned property--Disposition of proceeds--Record of sales--Tagging of articles sold.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.