2010 South Dakota Code
Title 41 - GAME, FISH, PARKS AND FORESTRY
Chapter 01 - Definitions And General Provisions
- Section 41-1-1 - Definition of terms.
- Section 41-1-1.1 - Persons deemed state residents.
- Section 41-1-1.2 - Termination of resident status.
- Section 41-1-1.3 - Definition of trophy animals.
- Section 41-1-1.4 - Definition of nontrophy animals.
- Section 41-1-2 - Game birds, animals, and fish as property of state.
- Section 41-1-3 - Lawful use of game bird, animal, or fish.
- Section 41-1-4 - Wanton waste or destruction of protected birds, animals and fish prohibited--Violation as misdemeanor.
- Section 41-1-5 - Forfeiture of right to game by unlawful taking, shipment or possession--State entitled to possession.
- Section 41-1-5.1 - Civil damage liability to state for unlawful killing or taking of wild animals--Amount--Return of uninjured animal--Exemption.
- Section 41-1-5.2 - Civil action for recovery of damages for unlawful killing or taking of animals--Effect of criminal conviction or acquittal--Deposit of damages and costs--Collection of judgments--Collection fees.
- Sections 41-1-5.3 to 41-1-5.5 - Repealed
- Section 41-1-5.6 - Statement of liability provisions printed on citations--Acknowledgment noted through specific receipt form--Failure to give required warnings.
- Section 41-1-5.7 - Disposition of deer and antelope killed by motor vehicle.
- Section 41-1-5.8 - Repealed.
- Section 41-1-6 - Repealed.
- Section 41-1-7 - Fish grown or raised for breeding purposes or sale.
- Section 41-1-8 - Interference with lawful hunting, trapping, or fishing prohibited--Violation as misdemeanor.
- Section 41-1-9 - Disobeying order of peace officer to desist from interfering as misdemeanor.
- Section 41-1-10 - Enjoining interference--Damages allowable.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.