2006 Ohio Revised Code - [340.02.2] 340.022.Standing committee on alcohol and drug addiction services.
(A) In each alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health service district, other than a district in which an alcohol and drug addiction services board is established pursuant to section 340.021 [340.02.1] of the Revised Code, the board of alcohol, drug addiction, and mental health services shall establish a standing committee on alcohol and drug addiction services.
(B) The standing committee shall consist of the following eight members:
(1) Four board members who were appointed by the director of alcohol and drug addiction services or are professionals in the field of alcohol or drug addiction services or advocates for persons receiving treatment for alcohol or drug addiction;
(2) Two board members selected by the board;
(3) Two residents of the service district who are not members of the board but are qualified, pursuant to section 340.02 of the Revised Code, to serve as members of the board. Of the two members appointed under division (B)(3) of this section, one shall be a person who has received or is receiving services for alcohol or drug addiction, and one shall be a parent or other relative of such a person. These two members shall be appointed by the board to four-year terms of office as committee members and may be reappointed to not more than one subsequent term of office.
(C) The standing committee shall meet at least three times a year and shall make recommendations to the board on the following matters:
(1) The plan to be submitted to the department of alcohol and drug addiction services under sections 340.033 [340.03.3] and 3793.05 of the Revised Code;
(2) The board's annual budget for alcohol and drug addiction services;
(3) Alcohol and drug addiction programs to be funded by the board;
(4) Guidelines for the evaluation of alcohol and drug addiction programs.
HISTORY: 143 v H 317. Eff 10-10-89.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.