2010 North Carolina Code
Chapter 25 Uniform Commercial Code.
Article 9 - Secured Transactions.
25-9-602. Waiver and variance of rights and duties.
25‑9‑602. Waiver and variance of rights and duties.
Except as otherwise provided in G.S. 25‑9‑624, to the extent that they give rights to a debtor or obligor and impose duties on a secured party, the debtor or obligor may not waive or vary the rules stated in the following listed sections:
(1) G.S. 25‑9‑207(b)(4)c., which deals with use and operation of the collateral by the secured party;
(2) G.S. 25‑9‑210, which deals with requests for an accounting and requests concerning a list of collateral and statement of account;
(3) G.S. 25‑9‑607(c), which deals with collection and enforcement of collateral;
(4) G.S. 25‑9‑608(a) and G.S. 25‑9‑615(c) to the extent that they deal with application or payment of noncash proceeds of collection, enforcement, or disposition;
(5) G.S. 25‑9‑608(a) and G.S. 25‑9‑615(d) to the extent that they require accounting for or payment of surplus proceeds of collateral;
(6) G.S. 25‑9‑609 to the extent that it imposes upon a secured party that takes possession of collateral without judicial process the duty to do so without breach of the peace;
(7) G.S. 25‑9‑610(b), 25‑9‑611, 25‑9‑613, and 25‑9‑614, which deal with disposition of collateral;
(8) G.S. 25‑9‑615(f), which deals with calculation of a deficiency or surplus when a disposition is made to the secured party, a person related to the secured party, or a secondary obligor;
(9) G.S. 25‑9‑616, which deals with explanation of the calculation of a surplus or deficiency;
(10) G.S. 25‑9‑620, 25‑9‑621, and 25‑9‑622, which deal with acceptance of collateral in satisfaction of obligation;
(11) G.S. 25‑9‑623, which deals with redemption of collateral;
(12) G.S. 25‑9‑624, which deals with permissible waivers; and
(13) G.S. 25‑9‑625 and G.S. 25‑9‑626, which deal with the secured party's liability for failure to comply with this Article. (1866‑7, c. 1, s. 2; 1872‑3, c. 133, s. 2; 1883, c. 88; Code, s. 1800; 1893, c. 9; Rev., s. 2054; C.S., s. 2488; 1961, c. 574; 1965, c. 700, s. 1; 1975, c. 862, s. 7; 2000‑169, s. 1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. North Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.