2009 North Carolina Code
Chapter 55A - North Carolina Nonprofit Corporation Act.
§ 55A-14A-01. Fundamental changes in reorganization proceedings.
§ 55A‑14A‑01. Fundamental changes in reorganization proceedings.
(a) Whenever a plan of reorganization of a corporation is confirmed by decree or order of a court of competent jurisdiction in proceedings for the reorganization of the corporation pursuant to the provisions of any applicable statute of the United States relating to reorganization of corporations, the corporation may put into effect and carry out the plan and the decrees and orders of the court relative thereto and may take any action provided in the plan or directed by the decrees and orders without further action by its directors or members. Such action may be taken, as may be directed by the decrees or orders, by the trustee or trustees of the corporation appointed in the reorganization proceedings, or by designated officers of the corporation, or by a master or other representative appointed by the court, with like effect as if taken by unanimous action of the directors and members of the corporation. In particular and without limiting the generality or effect of the foregoing, the corporation may:
(1) Amend its articles of incorporation or bylaws, or both, so long as the articles of incorporation and bylaws as amended contain only such provisions as might be lawfully contained therein at the time of making such amendment;
(2) Constitute or reconstitute and classify or reclassify its board of directors, and name, constitute or appoint directors and officers in place of or in addition to all or any of the directors or officers then in office;
(3) Make any change in its memberships or securities or cancel any or all of its outstanding memberships or securities;
(4) Dissolve and liquidate;
(5) Effect a merger;
(6) Transfer all or part of its assets;
(7) Change its registered office or registered agent, or both;
(8) Authorize the issuance of bonds, debentures, or other obligations of the corporation and fix the terms and conditions thereof.
(b) Any articles of amendment, statement of change of registered office or registered agent, restated articles of incorporation, articles of merger, articles of dissolution, or any other document appropriate to complete any action permitted by this section shall be executed and filed in accordance with the provisions of this Chapter on behalf of the corporation by such person or persons as may be authorized to take such action pursuant to subsection (a) of this section.
(c) This section does not apply after entry of a final decree in the reorganization proceeding even though the court retains jurisdiction of the proceeding for limited purposes unrelated to consummation of the reorganization plan. (1993, c. 398, s. 1.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. North Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.