2005 North Carolina Code - General Statutes § 130A-33.51. Advisory Committee on Cancer Coordination and Control; responsibilities.
(a) The Advisory Committee on Cancer Coordination and Control has the following responsibilities:
(1) To recommend to the Secretary a plan for the statewide implementation of an interagency comprehensive coordinated cancer control program;
(2) To identify and examine the limitations and problems associated with existing laws, regulations, programs, and services related to cancer control;
(3) To examine the financing and access to cancer control services for North Carolina's citizens, and advise the Secretary on a coordinated and efficient use of resources;
(4) To identify and review health promotion and disease prevention strategies relating to the leading causes of cancer mortality and morbidity;
(5) To recommend standards for:
a. Oversight and development of cancer control services;
b. Development and maintenance of interagency training and technical assistance in the provision of cancer control services;
c. Program monitoring and data collection;
d. Statewide evaluation of locally based cancer control programs;
e. Coordination of funding sources for cancer control programs; and
f. Procedures for awarding grants to local agencies providing cancer control services.
(b) The Committee shall submit a written report not later than May 1, 1994, and not later than October 1 of each subsequent year, to the Governor and to the Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations. The report shall address the progress in implementation of a cancer control program. The report shall include an accounting of funds expended and anticipated funding needs for full implementation of recommended programs. (1993, c. 321, s. 288.)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. North Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.