2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 36: Attorneys
Article 1: District Attorneys, 36-1-1 through 36-1-28
- Section 36-1-1: Oath and bond of district attorneys.
- Section 36-1-2: Assistants; appointment; revocation; duties.
- Section 36-1-3: District attorneys; travel expenses.
- Section 36-1-4: District attorneys; limitation of private practice.
- Section 36-1-5: District attorneys; assistants; investigators.
- Section 36-1-6: District attorneys; salaries.
- Section 36-1-7: District attorneys; salary and allowances exclusive.
- Section 36-1-8: District attorneys; payments of salaries and expenses.
- Section 36-1-8.1: District attorney facilities; maintenance and upkeep.
- Section 36-1-8.2: Eleventh judicial district; two district attorney divisions.
- Section 36-1-8.3: District attorneys; election; residence.
- Section 36-1-8.4: District attorneys; assistants.
- Section 36-1-9: Removal from office; grounds enumerated.
- Section 36-1-10: Original jurisdiction of supreme court in removal proceedings.
- Section 36-1-11: Attorney general to prosecute removal proceedings; exceptions.
- Section 36-1-12: Service upon accused; appearance and answer.
- Section 36-1-13: Contents and nature of answer.
- Section 36-1-14: Hearing and determination when defendant fails to appear.
- Section 36-1-15: Issues to be tried without jury; applicability of Rules of Civil Procedure; burden of proof.
- Section 36-1-16: Decision of court to be final.
- Section 36-1-17: No filing fee; taxation of costs.
- Section 36-1-18: Duties of district attorney.
- Section 36-1-19: Legal representation; state; county.
- Section 36-1-20: Authority of district attorney before magistrate court.
- Section 36-1-21: Aiding defense; penalty against attorney general or district attorney; removal from office; exceptions; taking case in which state or county interested prohibited.
- Section 36-1-22: Compromise, satisfaction or release by attorney general or district attorney.
- Section 36-1-23: Terminated.
- Section 36-1-23.1: Special prosecutors in conflict cases.
- Section 36-1-24: Terminated.
- Section 36-1-25: Administrative office of the district attorneys created; director; personnel.
- Section 36-1-26: Director; duties.
- Section 36-1-27: Repealed.
- Section 36-1-28: District attorney fund; created; administration; purpose.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.