2010 Nevada Code
TITLE 3 REMEDIES; SPECIAL ACTIONS AND PROCEEDINGS
Chapter 40 Actions and Proceedings in Particular Cases Concerning Property
- NRS 40.005 Zoning requirements to be considered by court.
- NRS 40.010 Actions may be brought against adverse claimants.
- NRS 40.020 Plaintiff not entitled to costs on default judgment or disclaimer.
- NRS 40.030 Plaintiff may recover damages for property withheld where plaintiff's right terminated during pendency of action.
- NRS 40.040 Value of permanent improvements to be allowed as setoff.
- NRS 40.050 Mortgage not deemed conveyance.
- NRS 40.060 Court may enjoin injury to property during foreclosure.
- NRS 40.070 Damages may be recovered for injury to possession after sale and before delivery.
- NRS 40.080 Action not to be prejudiced by alienation pending suit.
- NRS 40.090 Action by person in adverse possession: Verified complaint; defendants; notice of pending litigation.
- NRS 40.100 Action by person in adverse possession: Issuance, service and posting of summons; rights of unknown persons.
- NRS 40.110 Court to hear case; must not enter judgment by default; effect of final judgment.
- NRS 40.120 Remedy is cumulative.
- NRS 40.130 Adverse action on mining claim.
- NRS 40.140 Nuisance defined; action for abatement and damages; exceptions.
- NRS 40.150 Action for waste; judgment may be for treble damages.
- NRS 40.160 Action for trespass for cutting or carrying away trees or wood; treble damages.
- NRS 40.170 Damages in actions for forcible or unlawful entry may be trebled.
- NRS 40.180 Manner of working mine or mining claim; assessment of damages.
- NRS 40.190 Continuation of judgment lien.
- NRS 40.200 Application for order of survey; notice and order; report of survey; costs of and damages caused by survey.
- NRS 40.210 Order allowing party to survey and measure land in dispute; contents and service of order; liability for unnecessary injury.
- NRS 40.215 Definitions.
- NRS 40.220 Entry to be made only when legal and in peaceable manner.
- NRS 40.230 Forcible entry defined.
- NRS 40.240 Forcible detainer defined.
- NRS 40.250 Unlawful detainer: Possession after expiration of term.
- NRS 40.251 Unlawful detainer: Possession of property leased for indefinite time after notice to quit; older or disabled person entitled to extension of period of possession upon request.
- NRS 40.2512 Unlawful detainer: Possession after default in payment of rent.
- NRS 40.2514 Unlawful detainer: Assignment or subletting contrary to lease; waste; unlawful business; nuisance; violations of controlled substances laws.
- NRS 40.2516 Unlawful detainer: Possession after failure to perform conditions of lease; saving lease from forfeiture.
- NRS 40.252 Unlawful detainer: Contractual provisions void if contrary to specified periods of notice; notice to quit or surrender by colessor is valid unless showing other colessors did not authorize notice.
- NRS 40.253 Unlawful detainer: Supplemental remedy of summary eviction and exclusion of tenant for default in payment of rent.
- NRS 40.254 Unlawful detainer: Supplemental remedy of summary eviction and exclusion of tenant from certain types of property.
- NRS 40.255 Removal of person holding over after 3-day notice to quit; circumstances authorizing removal; exception and additional notice required for occupying tenants and subtenants of property sold as residential foreclosure.
- NRS 40.260 Tenant of agricultural lands may hold over if not notified.
- NRS 40.270 Tenant has similar remedies against subtenant.
- NRS 40.280 Service of notices to quit; proof required before issuance of order to remove.
- NRS 40.290 Parties defendant; persons bound by judgment.
- NRS 40.300 Contents of complaint; issuance and service of summons; temporary writ of restitution; notice, hearing and bond.
- NRS 40.310 Issue of fact to be tried by jury if proper demand made.
- NRS 40.320 Proof required of plaintiff and defendant on trial.
- NRS 40.330 Amendment of complaint to conform to proof; continuance.
- NRS 40.340 Adjournments.
- NRS 40.350 Trial not to be adjourned when complainant admits evidence in affidavit would be given.
- NRS 40.360 Judgment; damages; execution and enforcement.
- NRS 40.370 Verification of complaint and answer.
- NRS 40.380 Provisions governing appeals.
- NRS 40.385 Stay of execution upon appeal; duty of tenant who retains possession of premises to pay rent during stay.
- NRS 40.390 Appellate court not to dismiss or quash proceedings for want of form.
- NRS 40.400 Rules of practice.
- NRS 40.420 Form of writ of restitution; execution.
- NRS 40.425 Notice of execution on writ of restitution.
- NRS 40.430 Action for recovery of debt secured by mortgage or other lien; "action" defined.
- NRS 40.433 "Mortgage or other lien" defined.
- NRS 40.435 Judicial proceedings in violation of NRS 40.430; provisions of NRS 40.430 as an affirmative defense.
- NRS 40.440 Disposition of surplus money.
- NRS 40.450 Proceedings when debt secured falls due at different times.
- NRS 40.451 "Indebtedness" defined.
- NRS 40.453 Waiver of rights in documents relating to sale of real property against public policy and unenforceable; exception.
- NRS 40.455 Deficiency judgment: Award to judgment creditor or beneficiary of deed of trust; exceptions.
- NRS 40.457 Hearing before award of deficiency judgment; appraisal of property sold.
- NRS 40.459 Limitations on amount of money judgment.
- NRS 40.462 Distribution of proceeds of foreclosure sale.
- NRS 40.463 Agreement for assistance in recovering proceeds of foreclosure sale due to debtor or successor in interest; requirements for enforceable agreement; fee must be reasonable.
- NRS 40.464 Duty to maintain vacant residential property acquired at foreclosure sale; notice of violation; proceedings for enforcement; civil penalties.
- NRS 40.465 "Indebtedness" defined.
- NRS 40.475 Remedy against mortgagor or grantor; assignment of creditor's rights to guarantor, surety or obligor.
- NRS 40.485 Interest in proceeds of secured indebtedness upon partial satisfaction of indebtedness.
- NRS 40.495 Waiver of rights; separate action to enforce obligation; available defenses.
- NRS 40.501 Definitions.
- NRS 40.502 "Environmental provision" defined.
- NRS 40.503 "Environmentally impaired" defined.
- NRS 40.504 "Hazardous substance" defined.
- NRS 40.505 "Release" defined.
- NRS 40.506 "Secured lender" defined.
- NRS 40.507 Right of entry and inspection of real collateral.
- NRS 40.508 Action by secured lender concerning environmental provision.
- NRS 40.509 Limitation on amount of damages recoverable in action concerning environmental provision; recovery of interest.
- NRS 40.511 Exceptions to applicability of NRS 40.507 and 40.508.
- NRS 40.512 Environmental impairment of real collateral: Waiver of lien; notice of waiver; exception; recording of waiver.
- NRS 40.515 Petition, notice, hearing and order.
- NRS 40.525 Petition; notice; hearing and order; alternative method.
- NRS 40.535 Affidavit or petition may be filed in probate proceeding.
- NRS 40.600 Definitions.
- NRS 40.603 "Amend a complaint to add a cause of action for a constructional defect" defined.
- NRS 40.605 "Appurtenance" defined.
- NRS 40.610 "Claimant" defined.
- NRS 40.615 "Constructional defect" defined.
- NRS 40.620 "Contractor" defined.
- NRS 40.623 "Design professional" defined.
- NRS 40.625 "Homeowner's warranty" defined.
- NRS 40.630 "Residence" defined.
- NRS 40.632 "Subcontractor" defined.
- NRS 40.634 "Supplier" defined.
- NRS 40.635 Applicability; effect on other defenses.
- NRS 40.640 Liability of contractor.
- NRS 40.645 Notice of defect: Required before commencement of or addition to certain actions; content; reliance on expert opinion based on representative sample; notice regarding similarly situated owners; persons authorized to provide notice; exceptions.
- NRS 40.6452 Common constructional defects within single development: Response to notice of defect by contractor; disclosure to unnamed owners; effect of contractor failing to provide disclosure to unnamed owners.
- NRS 40.646 Notice of defect to be forwarded by contractor to subcontractor, supplier or design professional; effect of failure to forward notice; inspection of alleged defect; election to repair.
- NRS 40.6462 Access to residence or appurtenance with alleged defect after notice of defect is given; effect on owners who did not provide notice.
- NRS 40.647 Claimant required to allow inspection of and reasonable opportunity to repair defect; effect of noncompliance.
- NRS 40.6472 Response to notice of defect: Time for sending; content; effect of election to repair or not to repair.
- NRS 40.648 Election to repair defect: Who may repair; manner for performing repairs; deadline for repair; extension of deadline; written statement of repairs performed.
- NRS 40.649 Notice of defect may be presented to insurer; duties of insurer.
- NRS 40.650 Effect of rejecting reasonable offer of settlement; effect of failing to take certain actions concerning defect; effect of coverage available under homeowner's warranty.
- NRS 40.655 Limitation on recovery.
- NRS 40.660 Nonacceptance of offer of settlement deemed rejection.
- NRS 40.665 Settlement by repurchase; certain offers of settlement deemed reasonable.
- NRS 40.667 Effect of written waiver or settlement agreement when contractor fails to correct or repair defect properly; conditions to bringing action; effect of failure to prevail in action.
- NRS 40.668 Action against subdivider or master developer for defect in appurtenance in planned unit development: Conditions and limitations; tolling of statutes of limitation or repose; applicability.
- NRS 40.670 Defect which creates imminent threat to health or safety: Duty to cure; effect of failure to cure; exceptions.
- NRS 40.672 Defect in new residence: Duty to repair; deadline for repair; extensions; disciplinary action for failure to comply.
- NRS 40.675 Inspection of repairs.
- NRS 40.680 Mediation of certain claims required before action commenced or complaint amended; procedure; appointment of special master; effect of failure to mediate in good faith.
- NRS 40.681 Premediation discovery.
- NRS 40.684 Duties of insurer with respect to settlement conference.
- NRS 40.687 Disclosure of information concerning warranties after action is commenced; disclosure of information concerning insurance agreements; compelled production of information.
- NRS 40.688 Disclosure of defects by claimant to prospective purchaser of residence required; timing and contents of disclosure; duty of attorney to inform claimant of disclosure requirement.
- NRS 40.6882 "Complainant" defined.
- NRS 40.6884 Attorney required to consult expert; required affidavit of attorney; required report of expert.
- NRS 40.6885 Effect of compliance with or failure to comply with NRS 40.6884.
- NRS 40.6887 Submission of questions or disputes concerning defects to State Contractors' Board; regulations.
- NRS 40.689 Preference given to action; action may be assigned to senior judge; assessment of additional expenses.
- NRS 40.690 Limitation on bringing claim against governmental entity during period for resolution; effect of settlement; contractor or claimant may require party to appear and participate.
- NRS 40.692 Notice not required to be given to intervener in action.
- NRS 40.695 Tolling of statutes of limitation or repose; applicability.
- NRS 40.750 Fraud against financial institution or other lender for purpose of obtaining loan secured by lien on real property.
- NRS 40.760 Summary eviction of person using facility for storage as residence.
- NRS 40.770 Limitation on liability of seller, seller's agent and buyer's agent for failure to disclose certain facts concerning property.
ACTIONS TO DETERMINE CONFLICTING CLAIMS TO REAL PROPERTY
ACTIONS FOR NUISANCE, WASTE AND WILLFUL TRESPASS ON REAL PROPERTY
SUMMARY PROCEEDINGS FOR OBTAINING POSSESSION OF REAL PROPERTY, RECREATIONAL VEHICLE OR MOBILE HOME
ACTIONS FOR FORECLOSURE OF REAL MORTGAGES
FORECLOSURE SALES AND DEFICIENCY JUDGMENTS
MAINTENANCE OF PROPERTY ACQUIRED AT FORECLOSURE SALE
RIGHTS OF GUARANTOR, SURETY OR OBLIGOR IN REAL PROPERTY
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPAIRMENT OF REAL COLLATERAL OF SECURED LENDER
PROCEEDINGS TO ESTABLISH TERMINATION OF LIFE ESTATES
METHODS OF TERMINATION OF INTERESTS OF DECEASED PERSONS IN PROPERTY
ACTIONS RESULTING FROM CONSTRUCTIONAL DEFECT
Conditions and Limitations on Actions
Additional Requirement for Actions Against Design Professionals
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nevada may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.