2009 Nebraska Code
Commercial lessor's license; when required; application; form; contents; fee; bingo equipment; restrictions; conduct of bingo; restrictions; exemption.
Chapter 9 BINGO AND OTHER GAMBLING
9-255.06 Commercial lessor's license; when required; application; form; contents; fee; bingo equipment; restrictions; conduct of bingo; restrictions; exemption.
(1) An individual, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, or organization which will be leasing a premises to one or more organizations for the conduct of bingo and which will receive more than two hundred fifty dollars per month as aggregate total rent from leasing such premises for the conduct of bingo shall first obtain a commercial lessor's license from the department. The license shall be applied for on a form prescribed by the department and shall contain:
(a) The name and home address of the applicant;
(b) If the applicant is an individual, the applicant's social security number;
(c) If the applicant is not a resident of this state or is not a corporation, the full name, business address, and home address of a natural person, at least nineteen years of age, who is a resident of and living in this state designated by the applicant as a resident agent for the purpose of receipt and acceptance of service of process and other communications on behalf of the applicant;
(d) A designated mailing address and legal description of the premises intended to be covered by the license sought;
(e) The lawful capacity of the premises for public assembly purposes;
(f) The amount of rent to be paid or other consideration to be given directly or indirectly for each bingo occasion to be conducted; and
(g) Any other information which the department deems necessary.
(2) An application for a commercial lessor's license shall be accompanied by a biennial fee of two hundred dollars for each premises the applicant is seeking to lease pursuant to subsection (1) of this section. A commercial lessor who desires to lease more than one premises for the conduct of bingo shall file a separate application and pay a separate fee for each such premises.
(3) The information required by this section shall be kept current. The commercial lessor shall notify the department within thirty days of any changes to the information contained on or with the application.
(4) A commercial lessor who will be leasing or renting bingo equipment in conjunction with his or her premises shall obtain such equipment only from a licensed distributor, except that a commercial lessor shall not purchase or otherwise obtain disposable paper bingo cards from any source.
(5) A commercial lessor, the owner of a premises, and all parties who lease or sublease a premises which ultimately is leased to an organization for the conduct of bingo shall not be involved directly with the conduct of any bingo occasion regulated by the Nebraska Bingo Act which may include, but not be limited to, the managing, operating, promoting, advertising, or administering of bingo. Such persons shall not derive any financial gain from any gaming activities regulated by Chapter 9 except as provided in subsection (4) of section 9-347 if the individual is licensed as a pickle card operator, if the individual is licensed as a lottery operator or authorized sales outlet location pursuant to the Nebraska County and City Lottery Act, or if the individual is contracted with as a lottery game retailer pursuant to the State Lottery Act.
(6) A nonprofit organization owning its own premises which in turn rents or leases its premises solely to its own auxiliary shall be exempt from the licensing requirements contained in this section.
Laws 1994, LB 694, § 54;
Laws 1997, LB 752, § 62;
Laws 2000, LB 1086, § 9;
Laws 2002, LB 545, § 19;
Laws 2007, LB638, § 7.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.