2006 Nebraska Code - § 86-516 — Commission; duties.Section 86-516
The commission shall:
(1) Annually by July 1, adopt policies and procedures used to develop, review, and annually update a statewide technology plan;
(2) Create an information technology clearinghouse to identify and share best practices and new developments, as well as identify existing problems and deficiencies;
(3) Review and adopt policies to provide incentives for investments in information technology infrastructure services;
(4) Determine a broad strategy and objectives for developing and sustaining information technology development in Nebraska, including long-range funding strategies, research and development investment, support and maintenance requirements, and system usage and assessment guidelines;
(5) Adopt guidelines regarding project planning and management, information sharing, and administrative and technical review procedures involving state-owned or state-supported technology and infrastructure. Governmental entities, state agencies, and political subdivisions shall submit projects which directly utilize state-appropriated funds for information technology purposes to the process established by sections 86-512 to 86-524. Governmental entities and political subdivisions may submit other projects involving information technology to the commission for comment, review, and recommendations;
(6) Adopt minimum technical standards, guidelines, and architectures upon recommendation by the technical panel;
(7) Establish ad hoc technical advisory groups to study and make recommendations on specific topics, including workgroups to establish, coordinate, and prioritize needs for education, local communities, and state agencies;
(8) By November 15 of each even-numbered year, make recommendations on technology investments to the Governor and the Legislature, including a prioritized list of projects, reviewed by the technical panel, for which new or additional funding is requested;
(9) Approve grants from the Community Technology Fund and Government Technology Collaboration Fund;
(10) Adopt schedules and procedures for reporting needs, priorities, and recommended projects ; and
(11) Assist the Chief Information Officer in developing and maintaining Network Nebraska pursuant to section 86-5,100.
- Laws 1998, LB 924, § 6
Laws 1999, LB 446, § 12
R.S.1943, (1999), § 86-1506
Laws 2002, LB 1105, § 286
Laws 2005, LB 343, § 9
Laws 2006, LB 1208, § 28.
~ Revised Statutes Cumulative Supplement, 2006
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.