2006 Nebraska Code - § 28-1315 — Locks and keys; terms, defined.Section 28-1315
Locks and keys; terms, defined.
As used in section 28-1316, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Change key shall mean a key planned and cut to operate a specific lock;
(2) Try-out key shall mean a key which may or may not be one of a set of similar keys, each key made to operate a series or group of a total series of locks, the key or keys being constructed to take advantage of unplanned construction similarities in the series or group of locks;
(3) Wiggle key or manipulation key shall mean a material device which may be variably positioned or manipulated in a lock's keyway until such action develops a condition within the lock which enables the lock to be operated. Wiggle keys or manipulation keys may or may not resemble normally used keys;
(4) Master key shall mean a key planned and cut to operate all locks in a series or group of locks, each lock having its own key other than the master key for that individual lock only, and each lock constructed as a part of the series or group for operation with the master key. For the purpose of section 28-1316, submaster keys, grand master keys, great grand master keys, emergency keys, and overriding keys are to be considered as master keys;
(5) Keyed-alike locks shall mean a series or group of locks designed and constructed to be operated with the same change key;
(6) Locksmith shall mean a person dealing in the mechanical action and the correct operation of all types of locks and cylinder devices, whose trade or occupation is primarily repairing, opening or closing such locks or devices by mechanical means other than the key designed for that particular mechanism without altering, marring, or destroying the original condition or effectiveness of such mechanism; and
(7) Key master or key cutter shall mean a person other than a locksmith, whose primary and only function is the cutting and duplicating of keys.
- Laws 1977, LB 38, § 299
~Reissue Revised Statutes of Nebraska
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Nebraska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.