1998 Minnesota Code
Chapters 517 - 519 Domestic Relations
Chapter 518 Marriage Dissolution
Section 518.148 Certification of dissolution.
518.148 Certification of dissolution.
Subdivision 1. Certificate of dissolution. An attorney or pro se party may prepare and submit to the court a separate certificate of dissolution to be attached to the judgment and decree at the time of granting the dissolution of marriage. Upon approval by the court and filing of the certificate of dissolution with the court administrator, the court administrator shall provide to any party upon request certified copies of the certificate of dissolution.
Subd. 2. Required information. The certificate shall include the following information:
(1) the full caption and file number of the case and the title "Certificate of Dissolution";
(2) the names and any prior or other names of the parties to the dissolution;
(3) the names of any living minor or dependent children as identified in the judgment and decree;
(4) that the marriage of the parties is dissolved;
(5) the date of the judgment and decree; and
(6) the social security number of the parties to the dissolution and the social security number of any living minor or dependent children identified in the judgment and decree.
Subd. 3. Certification. The certificate of dissolution shall be conclusive evidence of the facts recited in the certificate.
HIST: 1991 c 161 s 3; 1997 c 203 art 6 s 37
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.