1997 Minnesota Code
Chapters 44A - 45 Commerce
Chapter 45 Department of Commerce; General Powers
Section 45.012 Commissioner.
(a) The department of commerce is under the supervision and control of the commissioner of commerce. The commissioner is appointed by the governor in the manner provided by section 15.06.
(b) Data that is received by the commissioner or the commissioner's designee by virtue of membership or participation in an association, group, or organization that is not otherwise subject to chapter 13 is confidential or protected nonpublic data but may be shared with the department employees as the commissioner considers appropriate. The commissioner may release the data to any person, agency, or the public if the commissioner determines that the access will aid the law enforcement process, promote public health or safety, or dispel widespread rumor or unrest.
(c) It is part of the department's mission that within the department's resources the commissioner shall endeavor to:
(1) prevent the waste or unnecessary spending of public money;
(2) use innovative fiscal and human resource practices to manage the state's resources and operate the department as efficiently as possible;
(3) coordinate the department's activities wherever appropriate with the activities of other governmental agencies;
(4) use technology where appropriate to increase agency productivity, improve customer service, increase public access to information about government, and increase public participation in the business of government;
(5) utilize constructive and cooperative labor-management practices to the extent otherwise required by chapters 43A and 179A;
(6) include specific objectives in the performance report required under section 15.91 to increase the efficiency of agency operations, when appropriate; and
(7) recommend to the legislature, in the performance report of the department required under section 15.91, appropriate changes in law necessary to carry out the mission of the department.
HIST: 1983 c 289 s 12; 1992 c 564 art 1 s 1; 1995 c 248 art 11 s 5
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.