2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
APPELLATE DEFENDER ACT
Chapter 780 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
Act 620 of 1978 - APPELLATE DEFENDER ACT (780.711 - 780.719)
Act 620 of 1978
AN ACT relating to criminal procedure; to provide for the defense of persons accused or convicted of criminal offenses; to create the appellate defender commission; to provide for an appellate defender; to prescribe powers and duties; to provide facilities, personnel, and related assistance and services for the appellate defender and the commission; and to provide for the financing of the administration of this act.
History: 1978, Act 620, Imd. Eff. Jan. 6, 1979
- Section 780.711 - Short title.
- Section 780.712 - Appellate defender commission; creation; appointment, qualifications, and terms of members; compensation and expenses; development of system of indigent appellate defense services; development and adoption of minimum standards; roster of attorneys; appointment by trial court or referral; continuing legal education training program.
- Section 780.713 - Appellate defender; appointment; dismissal; duties.
- Section 780.714 - Appellate defender, deputy appellate defender, and assistant appellate defender; qualifications, duties, and restrictions; court employees.
- Section 780.715 - Salaries and expenses; post audits; space and equipment.
- Section 780.716 - Appellate defender; duties generally.
- Section 780.717 - Special assistant appellate defenders; appointment; duties; payment on contract basis; practice of law not restricted.
- Section 780.718 - Office of appellate defender; funding.
- Section 780.719 - Record; report.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.