2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
SKI AREA SAFETY ACT OF 1962
Chapter 408 - LABOR
Act 199 of 1962 - SKI AREA SAFETY ACT OF 1962 (408.321 - 408.344)
Act 199 of 1962
AN ACT to provide for the inspection, licensing, and regulation of ski areas and ski lifts; to provide for the safety of skiers, spectators, and the public using ski areas; to provide for certain presumptions relative to liability for an injury or damage sustained by skiers; to prescribe the duties of skiers and ski area operators; to create a ski area safety board; to provide for the disposition of revenues; to provide for liability for damages which result from a violation of this act; to provide civil fines for certain violations of this act; and to provide criminal penalties for certain violations of this act.
History: 1962, Act 199, Imd. Eff. June 7, 1962 ;-- Am. 1981, Act 86, Imd. Eff. July 2, 1981 ;-- Am. 1995, Act 120, Imd. Eff. June 30, 1995
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of powers and duties of certain occupational functions, boards, and commissions from the Department of Licensing and Regulation to the Department of Commerce, see E.R.O. No. 1991-9, compiled MCL 338.3501 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
- Section 408.321 - Ski area safety act of 1962; short title.
- Section 408.322 - Definitions.
- Section 408.323 - Ski area safety board; creation; composition; qualifications; ex officio members.
- Section 408.324 - Ski area safety board; appointment and terms of members; vacancies.
- Section 408.325 - Ski area safety board; conducting business at public meeting; notice; election of chairperson and other officers; quorum; meetings; compensation and expenses.
- Section 408.326 - Rules; proposed legislation establishing fee schedule.
- Section 408.326a - Duties of ski area operator.
- Section 408.327 - Promulgation of rules.
- Section 408.328 - Commissioner of labor; administration of act.
- Section 408.329 - Ski lifts; permits requirement, inspection.
- Section 408.330 - Ski lifts; temporary permits.
- Section 408.331 - Ski lifts; permits, issuance, expiration.
- Section 408.332 - Ski lifts; erection, alteration, moving, plans and specifications; rope tows.
- Section 408.333 - Ski lifts; order to cease operation.
- Section 408.334 - Ski lifts; existing installations.
- Section 408.335 - Ski lifts; rules and regulations, modification for hardship, record.
- Section 408.336 - Ski lifts; fees.
- Section 408.337 - Chief inspector; inspection service.
- Section 408.338 - Revenue; disbursements.
- Section 408.339 - Notice of public hearing.
- Section 408.340 - Violations; penalties; rules.
- Section 408.341 - Skier conduct; prohibited conduct in ski area.
- Section 408.342 - Duties of skier in ski area; acceptance of dangers.
- Section 408.343 - Accidents causing injury; notice; identification; misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 408.344 - Violation of act; liability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.