2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 400 - SOCIAL SERVICES
Act 180 of 1981 - OLDER MICHIGANIANS ACT (400.581 - 400.594)
Act 180 of 1981
AN ACT to create a commission on services to the aging within the executive office of the governor; to create an office of services to the aging as an autonomous entity within the department of management and budget; to authorize the designation of area agencies on services to the aging and to prescribe their powers and duties; to establish certain programs relating to older persons; to prescribe the powers and duties of certain state departments, officers, and agencies; to create funds; to provide penalties; to repeal certain acts and parts of acts; and to repeal certain parts of this act on specific dates.
History: 1981, Act 180, Imd. Eff. Dec. 15, 1981 ;-- Am. 1986, Act 259, Imd. Eff. Dec. 9, 1986 ;-- Am. 1987, Act 35, Imd. Eff. May 27, 1987 ;-- Am. 1988, Act 235, Eff. Oct. 7, 1988
Popular Name: Act 180
- Section 400.581 - Short title.
- Section 400.582 - Definitions.
- Section 400.583 - Commission on services to the aging; establishment; appointment, qualifications, and term of members; vacancies; members of commission created by former act; compensation and expenses; chairperson.
- Section 400.584 - Duties of commission.
- Section 400.585 - Office of services to the aging; creation; exercise of powers and functions; appointment of director; exemption; compensation; director as special assistant to governor and liaison to commission.
- Section 400.586 - Office of services to the aging; duties.
- Section 400.586a - Older persons' shared housing program; establishment; duties of office; applicability of section.
- Section 400.586b - Report; applicability of section.
- Section 400.586c - Volunteer service credit program.
- Section 400.586d-400.586f - Repealed. 1988, Act 235, Eff. Apr. 1, 1990.
- Section 400.586g - State long-term care ombudsman; job qualifications; operation; duties; immunity from liability; rebuttable presumption.
- Section 400.586h - Local or regional long-term care ombudsman programs; requirements.
- Section 400.586i - State, local, or regional long-term care ombudsman and trained volunteers; access to long-term care facility; purpose; time; “access” defined.
- Section 400.586j - Retaliation or discrimination as misdemeanor; unlawful conduct; fine.
- Section 400.586k - Older persons' abuse prevention fund; establishment; administration; contributions; creation of older persons' abuse prevention project; duties of office; pilot programs; report; definition.
- Section 400.587 - Office of services to the aging; interagency agreements.
- Section 400.587a - State advisory council on mental health and aging; establishment; administration and operation; membership, duties, and operation.
- Section 400.588 - Conduct of commission business at public meeting; notice.
- Section 400.589 - Agency designated as area agency on aging; powers and duties; source and use of funds; advisory council.
- Section 400.589a - Senior care respite fund; creation; administration; expenditures; money credited to fund; balances carried over.
- Section 400.589b - Senior care respite fund; distribution of money; administrative costs.
- Section 400.590 - Proposed state program concerned with providing services to older persons; review and approval of office; obtaining budget request relating to programs for older persons.
- Section 400.591 - Rules.
- Section 400.592 - Review of functions, responsibilities, and performance of office and commission.
- Section 400.593 - Transfer of equipment, records, and supplies to commission and office.
- Section 400.594 - Repeal of MCL 400.541 to 400.553.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.