2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 38 - CIVIL SERVICE AND RETIREMENT
Act 205 of 1951 - SOCIAL SECURITY FOR PUBLIC EMPLOYEES (38.851 - 38.871)
Act 205 of 1951
AN ACT to provide for the coverage of certain officers and employees of the state of Michigan, of instrumentalities of the state of Michigan, of interstate instrumentalities jointly created by the state of Michigan and any other state or states, and of local governments of the state of Michigan under the old-age and survivors insurance provisions of title II of the federal social security act, as amended; to prescribe the powers and duties of the state retirement board in respect to such coverage; to provide for the cost of administration of this act by collections from employers above the costs of coverage.
History: 1951, Act 205, Imd. Eff. June 14, 1951
- Section 38.851 - Federal social security old-age and survivors insurance coverage; extension to public employees; maintenance of benefits.
- Section 38.852 - Extension of social security to public employees; definitions.
- Section 38.853 - Agreement to extend benefits of federal old-age and survivors insurance system; contents; approval; separate retirement systems.
- Section 38.854 - Extension of social security; joint action with other states.
- Section 38.855 - Employee contributions required.
- Section 38.856 - Employee contributions; payroll deduction.
- Section 38.857 - Employee contributions; adjustments, refunds.
- Section 38.858 - Political subdivision; submission of plan for extension of social security benefits; requirements, approval.
- Section 38.859 - Political subdivision; plan to provide for appropriations to contribution fund.
- Section 38.860 - Nonapproval of plan; notice, hearing; review by supreme court.
- Section 38.861 - Political subdivision; payments into contribution fund.
- Section 38.862 - Delinquent payments; recovery with interest from political subdivision.
- Section 38.863 - Contribution fund; establishment; deposits.
- Section 38.864 - Contribution fund; administrative account, establishment, deposits.
- Section 38.865 - Contribution fund; segregation; withdrawals.
- Section 38.866 - Contribution fund; payments to secretary of treasury.
- Section 38.867 - Contribution fund; administration.
- Section 38.868 - Annual appropriation to contribution fund for payments to secretary of treasury.
- Section 38.869 - Appropriation of all contributions to contribution fund.
- Section 38.870 - Rules and regulations.
- Section 38.871 - State employees' retirement system; referendum on coverage; petition; conduct; notice; supplemental statement; governor's certificate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.