Maryland Financial Institutions Section 13-705
(a)   The Authority, with the approval of the Governor, shall appoint an Executive Director, who is the chief administrative officer and secretary of the Authority.
(b)   The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the Authority subject to the concurrence of the Governor.
(c)   In addition to any other duties set forth in this subtitle, the Executive Director shall:
(1)   Direct and supervise the administrative affairs and activities of the Authority, in accordance with its rules, regulations, and policies;
(2)   Attend all meetings of the Authority;
(3)   Keep minutes of all proceedings of the Authority;
(4)   Approve all accounts for salaries, per diem payments, and allowable expenses of the Authority and its employees and consultants and approve all expenses incidental to the operation of the Authority;
(5)   Report and make recommendations to the Authority on the merits and status of any proposed facility; and
(6)   Perform any other duty that the Authority requires for carrying out the provisions of this subtitle.