Maryland Financial Institutions Section 13-1007
(a)   With the approval of the Governor, the Authority shall appoint an Executive Director, who is the Chief Administrative Officer and Secretary of the Authority.
(b)   The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the Authority, subject to the concurrence of the Governor.
(c)   The Executive Director shall:
(1)   Direct and supervise the administrative affairs and activities of the Authority in accordance with its regulations and policies;
(2)   Attend all meetings of the Authority;
(3)   Keep minutes of all proceedings of the Authority;
(i)   All accounts for salaries, per diem payments, and allowable expenses of the Authority and its employees and consultants; and
(ii)   All expenses incidental to the operation of the Authority;
(5)   Report and make recommendations to the Authority on the merits and status of any management plan for the Heritage Area; and
(6)   Perform any other duty that the Authority requires for carrying out the provisions of this subtitle.