Maryland Financial Institutions Section 11-510
(a)   If an applicant does not meet the requirements of this subtitle, the Commissioner shall:
(1)   Immediately notify the applicant in writing of this fact;
(2)   Return the bond filed under § 11-508 of this subtitle;
(3)   Refund the license fee; and
(4)   Keep the investigation fee.
(b)   Within 30 days after the Commissioner denies an application, the Commissioner shall:
(1)   File in the Commissioner's office a written decision containing the findings and conclusions on which the denial was based;
(2)   Send a copy of the decision to the applicant; and
(3)   Advise the applicant by certified mail of the applicant's right to a hearing to be held in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
(c)   (1)   An applicant who seeks a hearing on a license application denial shall file a written request for a hearing within 45 days following receipt of the advice to the applicant of the applicant's right to a hearing.
(2)   A hearing date established in response to the filing of a notice under this subsection may be postponed only once for a period of up to 30 days after the initial hearing date.