Maryland Criminal Law Section 3-602
(a)   (1)   In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2)   "Family member" has the meaning stated in § 3-601 of this subtitle.
(3)   "Household member" has the meaning stated in § 3-601 of this subtitle.
(4)   (i)   "Sexual abuse" means an act that involves sexual molestation or exploitation of a minor, whether physical injuries are sustained or not.
(ii)   "Sexual abuse" includes:
3.   sexual offense in any degree;
4.   sodomy; and
5.   unnatural or perverted sexual practices.
(b)   (1)   A parent or other person who has permanent or temporary care or custody or responsibility for the supervision of a minor may not cause sexual abuse to the minor.
(2)   A household member or family member may not cause sexual abuse to a minor.
(c)   A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 25 years.
(d)   A sentence imposed under this section may be separate from and consecutive to or concurrent with a sentence for:
(1)   any crime based on the act establishing the violation of this section; or
(2)   a violation of § 3-601 of this subtitle involving an act of abuse separate from sexual abuse under this section.