Maryland Criminal Law Section 11-303
(a)   A person may not knowingly:
(1)   take or cause another to be taken to any place for prostitution;
(2)   place, cause to be placed, or harbor another in any place for prostitution;
(3)   persuade or encourage by threat or promise another to be taken to or placed in any place for prostitution;
(4)   unlawfully take or detain another with the intent to use force, threat, or persuasion to compel the other to marry the person or a third person or perform a sexual act, sexual contact, or vaginal intercourse; or
(5)   receive consideration to procure for or place in a house of prostitution or elsewhere another with the intent of causing the other to engage in prostitution or assignation.
(b)   A parent, guardian, or person who has permanent or temporary care or custody or responsibility for supervision of another may not consent to the taking or detention of the other for prostitution.
(c)   A person who violates this section is guilty of the misdemeanor of pandering and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $5,000 or both.
(d)   A person who violates this section is subject to § 5-106(b) of the Courts Article.
(e)   A person who violates this section may be charged, tried, and sentenced in any county in or through which the person transported or attempted to transport the other.