Maryland Department of Aging Section 30
(a)   Under the conditions of subsection (b) of this section, the State may recover State grant funds.
(b)   The State may recover State grant funds if, within 15 years of the completion of a project:
(1)   An interest in property with respect to which funds have been paid under this Program is assigned, transferred, or conveyed:
(i)   To any person, agency, or organization which has not been approved by the Board of Public Works as transferee; or
(ii)   For use other than as a senior citizen activities center; or
(2)   Property with respect to which funds have been paid under this Program ceases to be operated as a senior citizen activities center.
(c)   The amount of State recovery shall be:
(1)   An amount bearing the same ratio to the then current value of so much of the property as constituted a project, as the amount of State funds bore to the total cost of all eligible work; plus
(2)   All costs and reasonable attorney fees incurred by the State in recovery proceedings.
(d)   (1)   Before the payment of State funds under this Program, the grantee shall record the notice of the State's right to recovery in the land records of the jurisdiction in which the senior center is or will be located.
(2)   The grantee shall provide evidence of the recordation to the office prior to the payment of State funds.
(3)   The recording of the notice:
(i)   Does not create any lien against the property; but
(ii)   Shall constitute notice to any potential transferee, potential creditor, or other interested party of the possibility that the State may obtain a lien under §§ 26 through 32 of this subtitle.