2009 Louisiana Laws TITLE 10 Commercial laws :: RS 10:4A-105 Other definitions
§4A-105. Other definitions
(a) In this Chapter:
(1) "Authorized account" means a deposit account of a customer in a bank designated by the customer as a source of payment of payment orders issued by the customer to the bank. If a customer does not so designate an account, any account of the customer is an authorized account if payment of a payment order from that account is not inconsistent with a restriction on the use of that account.
(2) "Bank" means a person engaged in the business of banking and includes a savings bank, savings and loan association, credit union, and trust company. A branch or separate office of a bank is a separate bank for purposes of this Chapter.
(3) "Customer" means a person, including a bank, having an account with a bank or from whom a bank has agreed to receive payment orders.
(4) "Funds-transfer business day" of a receiving bank means the part of a day during which the receiving bank is open for the receipt, processing, and transmittal of payment orders and cancellations and amendments of payment orders.
(5) "Funds-transfer system" means a wire transfer network, automated clearing house, or other communication system of a clearing house or other association of banks through which a payment order by a bank may be transmitted to the bank to which the order is addressed.
(7) "Prove" with respect to a fact means to meet the burden of establishing the fact (R.S. 10:1-201(b)(8)).
(b) Other definitions applying to this Chapter and the Sections in which they appear are:
"Funds-transfer system rule"
"Payment by beneficiary's bank
"Payment by originator to beneficiary"
"Payment by sender to receiving bank"
(c) The following definitions in Chapter 4 apply to this Chapter:
(d) In addition Chapter 1 contains general definitions and principles of construction and interpretation applicable throughout this Chapter.
Added by Acts 1990, No. 1079, §4, eff. Sept. 1, 1990. Amended by Acts 1993, No. 948, §3, eff. Jan. 1, 1994; Acts 2006, No. 533, §4.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.