2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 22:213.6 — Prohibited discrimination; prenatal test results
§213.6. Prohibited discrimination; prenatal test results
A. No hospital, health, or medical expense insurance policy, hospital or medical service contract, employee welfare benefit plan, health and accident insurance policy, or any other insurance contract of this type, including a group insurance plan, or any policy of group, family group, blanket, or association health and accident insurance, a self-insurance plan, health maintenance organization, and preferred provider organization, which delivers or issues for delivery in this state an insurance policy or plan shall, on the basis of any prenatal test result:
(1) Terminate, restrict, limit, or otherwise apply conditions to the coverage under the policy or plan, or restrict the sale of the policy or plan in force.
(2) Cancel or refuse to renew the coverage under the policy or plan in force.
(3) Deny coverage or exclude an individual or family member from coverage under the policy or plan in force.
(4) Impose a rider that excludes coverage for certain benefits or services under the policy or plan in force.
(5) Establish differentials in premium rates or cost sharing for coverage under the policy or plan in force.
(6) Otherwise discriminate against an individual or family member in the provision of insurance.
B. The provisions of this Section shall not apply to tests conducted to determine pregnancy.
Acts 1997, No. 1418, §1; Acts 2003, No. 129, §1, eff. May 28, 2003.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.