2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 22:1931 — Definitions
PART XI. ANIMAL INSURERS
As used in this Part:
(1) "Animal" means any animal other than man and includes fowl, birds, fish, and reptiles.
(2) "Animal insurance policy" means any contract, agreement, or instrument whereby a person other than the owner assumes the risk and/or the expense or any portion thereof for the health of an animal.
(3) "Animal insurer" means any person or organization, whether domestic, foreign, or alien issuing or attempting to issue animal insurance policies as defined herein.
(4) "Commissioner" means the commissioner of insurance of the state of Louisiana.
(5) "Person" means any individual person, firm, company, corporation, partnership, or association which provides animal insurance in this state.
Acts 1985, No. 563, §1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.