2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 11:3769 — Salary deductions paid into the fund; contributions by the city
§3769. Salary deductions paid into the fund; contributions by the city
The said Bus Drivers' Pension and Relief Fund shall consist of the following:
(1) All monies, funds, properties, real and personal, and assets now belonging to or due the presently existing Bus Drivers' Pension Fund of Monroe, Louisiana.
(2) The proceeds of the sale of condemned property owned and used by the said Bus Drivers' Department, except when used as trade-in allowance on the purchase of new property, shall be paid into the said Pension and Relief Fund.
(3) All rewards, gifts, donations, gratuities, proceeds of carnivals, dances, exhibitions, benefits, shows, games, plays or otherwise whatsoever made to or earned by the department; and all rewards, gifts, donations, and gratuities made individually to any member of said Bus Drivers' Department and growing out of service performed in the Department, shall at the option of the Board of Trustees be deposited in the said Pension and Relief Fund of this organization.
(4) Twenty-five dollars of the salary of all employees of said bus department who are eligible for participation in the benefit of the fund shall be deducted from their respective salaries at the rate of twelve dollars and fifty cents on each semimonthly payday of the City of Monroe, Louisiana.
(5) The City of Monroe, Louisiana is by this Part authorized and directed to appropriate and pay over money out of the revenues of the Bus Department owned by the City of Monroe, a sum of money equal to four per cent of the revenues of the Bus Department, until such percentage added to the amount presently in the Bus Fund and the contributions of the employees of the Bus Department equals the sum of sixty-five thousand dollars. The proceeds of the four per cent hereinabove set forth, shall be paid monthly to the Treasurer of said Fund and by said Treasurer shall be deposited to the account of said Pension and Relief Fund.
(6) At such time that the said Pension fund attains the sum of sixty-five thousand dollars, then the said City of Monroe is by these presents authorized and directed to discontinue the contributions set forth in Paragraph (5) of this section, and at such time is authorized and directed to pay out of the annual revenues of the General Fund of the City of Monroe, annually at the beginning of the fiscal year, an amount or sum equivalent to the amount or sum of such deficit as may result, occur or appear in the operation of said Fund for the preceding year at the close of such fiscal year, considering the receipts and revenues accruing for such year to the said Fund from all sources as against the disbursements for such year made under the provisions of this Part.
(7) The City of Monroe, Louisiana, is by this Part authorized and directed to pay to the said Bus Drivers' Pension and Relief Fund all amounts received by the said City of Monroe, Louisiana, for any form of advertising in and on the said City buses and all sums received for any type of commercial display in or on the said buses.
Designated from Acts 1952, No. 187, §9 by Acts 1991, No. 74, §3, eff. June 25, 1991.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.