2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 11:3406 — Salary deductions paid into the fund; contributions by the city
§3406. Salary deductions paid into the fund; contributions by the city
The fireman's pension and relief fund shall consist of the following:
(1) All rewards, gifts, gratuities, donations, proceeds of plays, carnivals, dances, exhibitions, benefits, shows, games, or other monies or emoluments that may be paid or given for or on account of extraordinary service of said Fire Protection District No. One, except when given to an individual member or given to endow a medal or other permanent award, shall be paid into the pension and relief fund.
(2) The proceeds of the sale of condemned property owned and used by the Fire Protection District No. One shall be paid into the pension and relief fund, except when used as trade-in on new equipment.
(3) A percentage of the gross wages of all employees of Fire Protection District No. One who are eligible for participation in the benefits of this fund shall be deducted from their respective wages monthly and paid into said fund. The amounts to be deducted and paid into the fund shall be an amount equal to eight and one-half percent of gross wages. The deductions provided for in this Paragraph shall be made not only from wages paid the employees by the fire protection district, but also from wages, longevity, and incentive pay made to the employee by the state of Louisiana.
(4) The parish of Ouachita is authorized and directed to appropriate and pay out of the annual revenue of the ad valorem tax and state insurance rebate to the said parish of Ouachita into the fireman's pension and relief fund a sum equal to the monthly deductions from the firemen's salaries, said payment to be paid into such fund monthly.
(5) The parish of Ouachita shall pay out of the annual revenues of the surplus millage tax of Fire Protection District No. One into the fireman's pension and relief fund annually, at the beginning of the fiscal year, an amount equivalent to the amount of such deficit as may result, occur or appear in the operation of said fund for the preceding year at the close of such fiscal year, considering the receipts and revenues accruing for such year to the said fund under Paragraphs (1), (2), (3), and (4), of this Section, as against disbursements for such year made under the provisions of this fireman's pension and relief fund.
Designated from Acts 1968, No. 31, §7 by Acts 1991, No. 74, §3, eff. June 25, 1991.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.