2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 11:3404 — Board of directors; composition
§3404. Board of directors; composition
The board of trustees shall be composed of eight members, as follows:
(1) One member of the board of commissioners of Fire Protection District No. One to be chosen and appointed by the board of commissioners, who shall serve as president of the board of trustees.
(2) The Fire Chief of Fire Protection District No. One, who shall serve as vice president of the board.
(3) A person, who may be an individual not in the employ of Fire Protection District No. One, or a banking institution, who shall serve as treasurer of the board.
(4) Four employees of Fire Protection District No. One, all of whom must be eligible for ultimate participation in the fund herein created, one member to be selected from each of the following ranks: private, operator, driver, and captain.
(5) One member who is drawing benefits, who shall be elected by other members who are drawing benefits; however, if only one member is receiving benefits, he shall automatically serve as a board member but will not be counted in the quorum.
(6) The treasurer and the four members of the board of trustees described in Paragraph (4) shall be elected by secret ballot for a one-year term at an election to first be held within fifteen days after July 31, 1968, and annually thereafter. Only active employees of Fire Protection District No. One eligible for ultimate participation in this plan shall be allowed to vote at such election. In case of a vacancy in this class of board members, a special election shall be held within thirty days thereof to fill such vacancy.
(7) The president of the board shall vote in case of a tie. The board of trustees shall select one of its members to act in the capacity of secretary of the board.
Designated from Acts 1977, No. 288, §1, by Acts 1991, No. 74, §3, eff. June 25, 1991.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.