2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 11:3109 — Salary deductions paid into the fund; contributions by the city
§3109. Salary deductions paid into the fund; contributions by the city
The Firemen's Pension and Relief Fund shall consist of the following:
(1) The proceeds of the sale of condemned property owned and used by the fire department.
(2) All rewards, gifts or emoluments that may be paid or given for or on account of extraordinary service of said fire department, except when given to an individual member or given to endow a medal or other permanent reward.
(3) Eight percent of the salary of all members of the fire department in the city of Alexandria who are eligible for participation in the benefits of this fund shall be deducted from their respective salaries monthly and put into said fund. This percentage shall be of the salary payable to the member of the fire department in the position to which he has been appointed and confirmed and the city of Alexandria is hereby authorized and directed to contribute an amount equal to this percentage, said amount to be payable on a monthly installment basis.
(4) The said city of Alexandria is authorized and directed to budget, to appropriate and to pay the Firemen's Pension and Relief Fund the sum of five thousand dollars annually, at the beginning of each fiscal year, said payment to be made from the general alimony tax of the city or from any other available funds. In addition, the city is authorized and directed to pay into the Firemen's Pension and Relief Fund, on a monthly basis, an amount equal to the amount paid into the fund by all members of the fire department as provided by Paragraph (3) of this Section.
(5) The city of Alexandria is authorized and directed to budget, to appropriate and to pay into the Firemen's Pension and Relief Fund twenty five percent of the gross proceeds collected from the operation of the parking meters in the city of Alexandria, said payments to begin with the first collections made from said parking meters after August 1, 1944. The city of Alexandria shall, within ten days after the collection of said amounts and in any event at least once each calendar month, deposit same into the Firemen's Pension and Relief Fund.
(6) The annual proceeds of all license taxes imposed and collected by the city of Alexandria, from fire insurance companies and/or fire insurance agents doing business in the said city of Alexandria, for carrying on such business. Said revenue shall be paid into said fund by the collecting officer at the close of each fiscal year.
(7) The said city of Alexandria is hereby authorized and directed to appropriate and pay over, out of the annual revenues of the general alimony tax of the said city of Alexandria, into the Firemen's Pension and Relief Funds of the city of Alexandria, annually at the beginning of the fiscal year, an amount or sum equivalent to the amount or sum of such deficit as may result, occur or appear in the operation of said fund for the preceding year at the close of such fiscal year, considering the receipts and revenues accruing for such years to the said fund under Paragraphs (1), (2), (3), (4), and (5) of this Section, as against the disbursements for such year made under the provisions of this act.
Designated from Acts 1940, No. 12, §9 by Acts 1991, No. 74, §3, eff. June 25, 1991.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.