2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 11:281 — Failure to timely remit contributions; effect
SUBPART K. DELINQUENT CONTRIBUTIONS
§281. Failure to timely remit contributions; effect
A. Notwithstanding any other provisions of law to the contrary, the provisions of this Section shall be applicable to all members of the following public retirement systems:
(1) Louisiana State Employees' Retirement System.
(2) Louisiana School Employees' Retirement System.
(3) Teachers' Retirement System of Louisiana.
(4) Assessors' Retirement Fund.
(5) Clerks' of Court Retirement and Relief Fund.
(6) District Attorneys' Retirement System.
(7) Firefighters' Retirement System.
(8) Municipal Employees' Retirement System of Louisiana.
(9) Municipal Police Employees' Retirement System.
(10) Parochial Employees' Retirement System of Louisiana.
(11) Registrars of Voters Employees' Retirement System.
(12) Sheriffs' Pension and Relief Fund.
B.(1) Except as provided in Paragraph (2) of this Subsection, all payments of employers' contributions and employees' contributions, including any payments due from the state of Louisiana which are paid after becoming delinquent, shall include interest to be paid to the retirement system at the rate of legal interest computed from the date the payment became delinquent.
(2) For any employer who is unable to make the required contributions on a timely basis as a consequence of Hurricane Katrina or Rita, or both, no interest shall be assessed or payable on contributions which were due for August or September 2005, for the first two months of delinquency.
Acts 1988, No. 301, §1; Redesignated from R.S. 42:720.30 by Acts 1991, No. 74, §3, eff. June 25, 1991; Acts 1993, No. 758, §1, eff. June 22, 1993; Acts 2005, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 44, §1, eff. Dec. 6, 2005.
NOTE: See Acts 2005, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 44, §2, relative to retroactive application.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.