2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 8:673 — Definitions
As used in this Chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
(1) "Board" means the Unmarked Burial Sites Board.
(2) "Burial artifact" means any item of human manufacture or use that is in an unmarked burial site.
(3) "Disturb" includes excavating, removing, exposing, defacing, mutilating, destroying, molesting, or desecrating in any way any unmarked burial sites or any human skeletal remains, burial artifacts, or burial markers on or in an unmarked burial site without a permit.
(4) "Human skeletal remains" means any part of the body of a deceased human being in any stage of decomposition.
(5) "Unmarked burial site" means the immediate area where one or more human skeletal remains are found in the ground that is not in a recognized and maintained municipal, fraternal, religious, or family cemetery, or a cemetery authorized by the Louisiana Cemetery Board.
Acts 1991, No. 704, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1992.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Louisiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.