2009 Kentucky Revised StatutesDownload pdf
CHAPTER 413 LIMITATION OF ACTIONS
413.120 Actions to be brought within five years.
(1) An action upon a contract not in writing, express or implied.
(2) An action upon a liability created by statute, when no other time is fixed by the statute creating the liability. (3) An action for a penalty or forfeiture when no time is fixed by the statute prescribing it. (4) An action for trespass on real or personal property.
(5) An action for the profits of or damages for withholding real or personal property.
(6) An action for an injury by a trustee to the rights of a beneficiary of a trust.
(7) An action for an injury to the rights of the plaintiff, not arising on contract and not otherwise enumerated. (8) An action upon a bill of exchange, check, draft or order, or any endorsement thereof, or upon a promissory note, placed upon the footing of a bill of exchange. (9) An action to enforce the liability of a steamboat or other vessel.
(10) An action upon a merchant's account for goods sold and delivered, or any article charged in such store account. (11) An action upon an account concerning the trade of merchandise, between merchant and merchant or their agents. (12) An action for relief or damages on the ground of fraud or mistake.
(13) An action to enforce the liability of bail.
(14) An action for personal injuries suffered by any person against the builder of a home or other improvements. This cause of action shall be deemed to accrue at the time of
original occupancy of the improvements which the builder caused to be erected. Effective: July 15, 1998
History: Amended 1998 Ky. Acts ch. 196, sec. 25, effective July 15, 1998. -- Amended 1988 Ky. Acts ch. 224, sec. 6, effective July 15, 1988. -- Amended 1964 Ky. Acts
ch. 124, sec. 1. -- Recodified 1942 Ky. Acts ch. 208, sec. 1, effective October 1,
1942, from Ky. Stat. sec. 2515, 2518.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kentucky may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.