2006 Kansas Code - 12-1225b
12-1225b. Same; powers and duties. (a) In addition to the powers and duties prescribed by K.S.A. 12-1225, and amendments thereto, in Johnson county, the library board shall:
(1) establish bylaws for the operation of the library board;
(2) formulate new policies and revise existing programs, facilities and services for the county libraries;
(3) annually review, evaluate and report to the board of county commissioners on the status of the county libraries;
(4) review the annual work program, budget and fee schedule and provide recommendations on each to the board of county commissioners; and
(5) employ and terminate the employment of a county librarian.
(b) Any action taken by the library board or its county librarian shall be subject to the following provisions established by the board of county commissioners:
(1) Personnel policies and procedures for employees other than elected officials;
(2) any pay plan and benefits for all county employees other than elected officials;
(3) purchasing policies and procedures except as provided in subsection (c) of K.S.A. 12-1225, and amendments thereto;
(4) budget policies and procedures which budget shall be approved by the board of county commissioners;
(5) financial policies and procedures, except as provided in K.S.A. 12-1226, and amendments thereto, with respect to gifts and nongovernmental grants;
(6) audit policies and procedures; and
(7) insurance and loss control policies and procedures.
Any liability therefor will be the responsibility of the board of county commissioners, pursuant to K.S.A. 75-6101 et seq., and amendments thereto.
(c) The provisions of this section shall take effect and be in force on and after January 1, 1985.
History: L. 1984, ch. 69, § 4; July 1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.