2006 Kansas Code - 10-1117

      10-1117.   Clerk or secretary; record of moneys; contracts and indebtedness of municipality; records of orders, warrant checks; exhibition of records upon request; notice. The clerk or secretary of every municipality shall keep a record of the amount of money in the treasury and each particular fund and shall keep a record of all indebtedness and contracts creating a liability against the municipality. In such records there shall be shown the date of the making of the contract or the creation of the debt, the amount of the contract or debt, the time payable, and the particular fund from which payment is to be made. Such clerk or secretary shall also keep a record of each order, warrant check or check, drawn on the treasury and paid, giving the date of payment. Such clerk or secretary shall, upon the request of any person, exhibit such records to such person and any person contracting with the municipality shall be chargeable with knowledge of what such records contain.

      History:   L. 1933, ch. 319, § 17; L. 1973, ch. 54, § 1; L. 1974, ch. 48, § 1; July 1.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.