2011 Idaho Code
TITLE 59 PUBLIC OFFICERS IN GENERAL
CHAPTER 7 ETHICS IN GOVERNMENT
59-702 POLICY AND PURPOSE.
PUBLIC OFFICERS IN GENERAL
ETHICS IN GOVERNMENT
59-702. Policy and purpose. It is hereby declared that the position of a public official at all levels of government is a public trust and it is in the public interest to:
(1) Protect the integrity of government throughout the state of Idaho while at the same time facilitating recruitment and retention of personnel needed within government;
(2) Assure independence, impartiality and honesty of public officials in governmental functions;
(3) Inform citizens of the existence of personal interests which may present a conflict of interest between an official’s public trust and private concerns;
(4) Prevent public office from being used for personal gain contrary to the public interest;
(5) Prevent special interests from unduly influencing governmental action; and
(6) Assure that governmental functions and policies reflect, to the maximum extent possible, the public interest.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.