2011 Idaho Code
TITLE 15 UNIFORM PROBATE CODE
CHAPTER 7 TRUST ADMINISTRATION
PART 4. POWERS OF TRUSTEES
15-7-403 APPOINTMENT OF TRUSTEE AND LETTERS OF TRUSTEESHIP.
15-7-403. Appointment of trustee and letters of trusteeship. Upon application to the court in which the trust is registered in the state of Idaho, and notice to all interested parties, the court may appoint the trustee as such (or as successor trustee, if applicable). Upon filing of an acceptance of the duties of the office of trustee by the trustee, containing the oath of the trustee to the effect that the trustee will perform the duties of his office according to the law, letters of trusteeship shall be issued, evidencing the authority of the trustee. Such letters may be recorded in the office of the county recorder in any county in which property held by the trust is located and, from the time of filing of such letters for record, notice is imparted to all persons of the contents of such letters of trusteeship. The application to the court shall contain at least the following:
(1) A statement of the interest of the applicant in the matter, including the priority of the person whose appointment is sought and a statement of the names and addresses and priority for appointment of any other persons having a prior or equal right to the appointment under law or the terms of the trust;
(2) A description of the trust;
(3) A statement identifying and indicating the address of any existing trustee of the trust whose appointment has not been terminated;
(4) The name and address of the person or entity for whom appointment is sought;
(5) A statement identifying and indicating the address of all current and contingent beneficiaries of the trust, and the ages of any such beneficiaries that are minors;
(6) A statement that a copy of the trust is either in the possession of the court or accompanies the application, or that copies of portions of the trust accompany the application showing:
(a) The grantor and original trustee of the trust,
(b) Any language regarding the appointment of an original or successor trustee, including any limitations thereon,
(c) The signature page(s) of the trust,
(d) Any amendments to the trust which relate to the appointment of an original or successor trustee, including any limitations thereon;
(7) A statement that, after the exercise of reasonable diligence, the applicant is unaware of any instrument revoking the trust;
(8) If the application is for appointment of a successor trustee, a statement of the method of termination of the appointment of the prior trustee and the effective date thereof and that copies of any documents relating thereto are in the possession of the court or accompany the application.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Idaho may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.