2010 Hawaii Code
DIVISION 2. BUSINESS
TITLE25. PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
§457-14 Violations of chapter; penalties.
§457-14 Violations of chapter; penalties. It shall be a misdemeanor for any person, including any corporation, association, or individual to:
(1) Sell or fraudulently obtain or furnish any nursing diploma, license, renewal, or record or aid or abet therein; or
(2) Practice nursing as defined by this chapter under cover of any diploma, license, or record illegally or fraudulently signed or issued unlawfully or under fraudulent representation; or
(3) Practice nursing as a registered or as a licensed practical nurse unless licensed to practice under this chapter; or
(4) Use in connection with the person's name any designation tending to imply that the person is a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse unless licensed to practice under this chapter; or
(5) Practice nursing as a registered nurse or as a licensed practical nurse during the time the person's license issued under this chapter is suspended or revoked; or
(6) Conduct a nursing education program not accredited by the board to prepare for a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse unless the program has been accredited by the board; or
(7) Otherwise violate any provision of this chapter.
Any of these misdemeanors shall be punishable by a fine of not more than $500 for a first offense. Each subsequent offense shall be punishable by a fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisonment of not more than one year, or both. [L 1970, c 71, pt of §1; am L 1983, c 119, §11; am L 1992, c 234, §4]
Classification of offense and authorized punishment, see §§701-107, 706-640, 663.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.