2010 Hawaii Code
DIVISION 2. BUSINESS
TITLE25. PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
§457-13 Exceptions. This chapter does not prohibit:
(1) The furnishing of nursing assistance in an emergency;
(2) The practice of nursing which is incidental to their program of study by students enrolled in nursing education programs accredited by the board;
(3) The practice of nursing under a nonrenewable permit by:
(A) A graduate of; or
(B) An applicant who has provided proof that the applicant has completed the entire educational curriculum required for graduation for a nursing license from
a school which is in or under the jurisdiction of the United States, and whose accreditation is recognized by the board; provided that following completion of (A) or (B), the candidate takes the first licensing examination scheduled by any board of nursing recognized by the board and has submitted to the board an application for a license to practice nursing in this State; and provided further that the permit shall be valid for three months or until the results of the licensing examination are received by the board;
(4) The practice of any legally qualified nurse of another state who is employed by the United States or any bureau, division, or agency thereof, while in the discharge of the nurse's official duties;
(5) The practice of nursing in connection with healing by prayer or spiritual means alone in accordance with the tenets and practice of any well recognized church or religious denomination, provided that no person practicing such nursing claims to practice as a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse; or
(6) The administration of oral and topical medication and in emergency situations, other premeasured medication, by school health aides as provided in section 321-242. [L 1970, c 71, pt of §1; am L 1981, c 200, §2; am L 1983, c 119, §10; am L 1990, c 105, §4; am L 1991, c 139, §1; am L 1997, c 217, §6]
Self-administration of medication by student and emergency administration permitted, see §302A-1164.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Hawaii may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.