2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 45-3-1 (2010)
TITLE 45 - PUBLIC OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
CHAPTER 3 - OFFICIAL OATHS AND COMMISSIONS
ARTICLE 1 - OFFICIAL OATHS
§ 45-3-1 - Oaths required in addition to oath of office and constitutional oath
45-3-1. Oaths required in addition to oath of office and constitutional oath
Every public officer shall:
(1) Take the oath of office;
(2) Take any oath prescribed by the Constitution of Georgia;
(3) Swear that he or she is not the holder of any unaccounted for public money due this state or any political subdivision or authority thereof;
(4) Swear that he or she is not the holder of any office of trust under the government of the United States, any other state, or any foreign state which he or she is by the laws of the State of Georgia prohibited from holding;
(5) Swear that he or she is otherwise qualified to hold said office according to the Constitution and laws of Georgia;
(6) Swear that he or she will support the Constitution of the United States and of this state; and
(7) If elected by any circuit or district, swear that he or she has been a resident thereof for the time required by the Constitution and laws of this state.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.