2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 39-5-2 (2010)
TITLE 39 - MINORS
CHAPTER 5 - ON-LINE INTERNET SAFETY
§ 39-5-2 - Notification to subscribers of products that limit, restrict, or monitor a minor's use of the Internet
39-5-2. Notification to subscribers of products that limit, restrict, or monitor a minor's use of the Internet
(a) If an Internet access provider knows or has reason to know from registration data in its possession that a subscriber currently resides within this state, such provider shall make available to the subscriber, in accordance with subsection (c) of this Code section, a product or service that enables the subscriber to control a minor's use of the Internet, if such product or service is reasonably and commercially available for the technology used by the subscriber to access the Internet.
(b) The product or service shall enable, in a commercially reasonable manner, the subscriber to:
(1) Block a minor's access to specific websites or domains;
(2) Restrict a minor's access exclusively to specific websites or domains approved by the subscriber; and
(3) Allow the subscriber to monitor a minor's use of the Internet service by providing a report to the subscriber of the specific websites or domains that the minor has visited or has attempted to visit but could not access because the websites or domains were blocked or restricted by the subscriber.
(c) If a product or service described in this Code section is reasonably and commercially available for the technology utilized by the subscriber to access the Internet service, the Internet service provider shall:
(1) Provide to the subscriber, at or near the time of subscription, information about the availability of a product or service described in this Code section; or
(2) Make a product or service described in this Code section available to the subscriber either directly or through a third-party vendor and may charge for the product or service.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.