2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 39-5-1 (2010)
TITLE 39 - MINORS
CHAPTER 5 - ON-LINE INTERNET SAFETY
§ 39-5-1 - Definitions
As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Interactive computer service" means any information service, system, or access software provider that provides or enables computer access by multiple users to a computer server, including specifically a service or system that provides access to the Internet and such systems operated or services offered by libraries or educational institutions; provided, however, that such term shall not include an entity that provides access to the Internet using wireless service.
(2) "Internet access provider" means an entity that provides consumers with access to the Internet; provided, however, that such term shall not include an entity that provides access to the Internet using wireless service.
(3) "Internet or any other computer network" means the computer network commonly known as the Internet and any other local, regional, or global computer network that is similar to or is a predecessor or successor of the Internet.
(4) "Minor" means a person who is less than 18 years of age.
(5) "Wireless service" shall have the same meaning as set forth in paragraph (3) of Code Section 46-5-221.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.