2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 36-67-3 (2010)
TITLE 36 - LOCAL GOVERNMENT
PROVISIONS - PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO COUNTIES AND MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS
CHAPTER 67 - ZONING PROPOSAL REVIEW PROCEDURES
§ 36-67-3 - Zoning proposal review standards
36-67-3. Zoning proposal review standards
In any local government which has established a planning department or other similar agency charged with the duty of reviewing zoning proposals, such planning department or other agency shall with respect to each zoning proposal investigate and make a recommendation with respect to each of the matters enumerated in this Code section, as well as carrying out any other duties with which the planning department or agency is charged by the local government. The planning department or other agency shall make a written record of its investigation and recommendations, and this record shall be a public record. The matters with which the planning department or agency shall be required to make such investigation and recommendation shall be:
(1) Whether the zoning proposal will permit a use that is suitable in view of the use and development of adjacent and nearby property;
(2) Whether the zoning proposal will adversely affect the existing use or usability of adjacent or nearby property;
(3) Whether the property to be affected by the zoning proposal has a reasonable economic use as currently zoned;
(4) Whether the zoning proposal will result in a use which will or could cause an excessive or burdensome use of existing streets, transportation facilities, utilities, or schools;
(5) If the local government has an adopted land use plan, whether the zoning proposal is in conformity with the policy and intent of the land use plan; and
(6) Whether there are other existing or changing conditions affecting the use and development of the property which give supporting grounds for either approval or disapproval of the zoning proposal.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.