2010 Georgia Code
O.C.G.A. 28-12-1 (2010)
TITLE 28 - GENERAL ASSEMBLY
CHAPTER 12 - 2010 SPECIAL COUNCIL AND COMMITTEE ON TAX REFORM AND REVENUE
§ 28-12-1 - (Repealed effective July 1, 2012) Legislative findings
28-12-1. (Repealed effective July 1, 2012) Legislative findings
(a) The General Assembly finds and determines that:
(1) It has been many years since there has been any systematic study of the State of Georgia's revenue structure, and there exists a need for such study today;
(2) Such study and the formulation of recommendations for tax structure changes which may be recommended as a result can be best carried out through the council established by this chapter; and
(3) Enactment of the recommendations from such process, if deemed appropriate at the 2011 session of the General Assembly, may be best carried out through a deliberative and specific legislative process.
(b) It is the intention of the General Assembly that:
(1) The 2010 Special Council on Tax Reform and Fairness for Georgians created in Code Section 28-12-2 shall during 2010 conduct a thorough study of the state's current revenue structure and make a report of its findings and recommendations for legislation to the Speaker of the House and the Lieutenant Governor no later than January 10, 2011;
(2) The Special Joint Committee on Georgia Revenue Structure created in Code Section 28-12-3 shall during the 2011 legislative session cause to be introduced in the House of Representatives one or more bills or resolutions incorporating without significant changes the recommendations of the council, and such legislation shall, after its introduction, be referred directly and only to the special joint committee;
(3) If the special joint committee recommends that one or more bills or resolutions referred to it do pass or do pass by committee substitute, the measure or measures recommended by the special joint committee shall then be in order for consideration only by the House of Representatives at any time fixed by the Speaker of the House. Any such bill or resolution shall be reported directly to the floor of the House and shall receive an up or down vote as reported from the special joint committee without amendment;
(4) If one or more bills or resolutions referred by the special joint committee are passed by the House of Representatives, the measure or measures shall then be in order for consideration only by the Senate at any time fixed by the President of the Senate. Any such bill or resolution shall be reported directly to the floor of the Senate and shall receive an up or down vote as reported from the House without amendment;
(5) Any bills or resolutions considered as provided for in this Code section shall be read three times on three separate days in each house and shall be considered in compliance with all other requirements of the Constitution;
(6) The rules of the Senate and the House of Representatives for the 2011 legislative session may, as adopted or as amended, contain such provisions as may be necessary or appropriate to comply with the legislative process specified by this Code section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Georgia may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.