2015 Florida Statutes
TITLE XLVI - CRIMES
Chapter 836 - DEFAMATION; LIBEL; THREATENING LETTERS AND SIMILAR OFFENSES
- 836.01 - Punishment for libel.
- 836.02 - Must give name of the party written about.
- 836.03 - Owner or editor of the paper also guilty.
- 836.04 - Defamation.
- 836.05 - Threats; extortion.
- 836.06 - Punishment for making derogatory statements concerning banks and building and loan associations.
- 836.07 - Notice condition precedent to prosecution for libel.
- 836.08 - Correction, apology, or retraction by newspaper.
- 836.09 - Communicating libelous matter to newspapers; penalty.
- 836.10 - Written threats to kill or do bodily injury; punishment.
- 836.11 - Publications which tend to expose persons to hatred, contempt, or ridicule prohibited.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Florida may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.