2011 Connecticut Code
Title 45a Probate Courts and Procedure
Chapter 802d Connecticut Uniform Transfers to Minors Act
- Secs. 45a-546 to 45a-556. (Formerly Secs. 45-101 to 45-109b). Definitions. Methods of making gifts. Gift, devise or bequest to be irrevocable. Rights and powers granted custodian, issuers, transfer agents, brokers. Powers and duties of custodian. Reimbursement of custodian. Responsibility of issuer, transfer agent, bank, life insurance company, savings and loan association, credit union, broker or other person. Successor custodian. Registration of custodian. Petition for accounting. Construction. Not exclusive method of gift. Prior gifts of interests in real property. Custodial property held in custodianship which terminates after December 31, 1972, and before October 1, 1980.
- Sec. 45a-557. Short title: Connecticut Uniform Transfers to Minors Act.
- Sec. 45a-557a. Definitions.
- Sec. 45a-557b. Scope and jurisdiction.
- Sec. 45a-558. Nomination of custodian.
- Sec. 45a-558a. Transfer by gift or exercise of power.
- Sec. 45a-558b. Transfer authorized by will or trust.
- Sec. 45a-558c. Other transfer by fiduciary.
- Sec. 45a-558d. Transfer by obligor.
- Sec. 45a-558e. Receipt for custodial property.
- Sec. 45a-558f. Creation and transfer of custodial property. Designation of initial custodian. Control.
- Sec. 45a-558g. Single guardianship.
- Sec. 45a-558h. Validity and effect of transfer.
- Sec. 45a-558i. Care and control of custodial property.
- Sec. 45a-558j. Powers of custodian.
- Sec. 45a-558k. Use of custodial property. Distribution to a trust.
- Sec. 45a-559. Custodian's expenses, compensation and bond.
- Sec. 45a-559a. Exemption of third party from liability.
- Sec. 45a-559b. Liability to third persons.
- Sec. 45a-559c. Renunciation, resignation, death or removal of custodian. Designation of successor custodian.
- Sec. 45a-559d. Accounting by and determination of liability of custodian.
- Sec. 45a-559e. Termination of custodianship.
- Sec. 45a-560. Applicability.
- Sec. 45a-560a. Effect on existing custodianships.
- Sec. 45a-560b. Uniformity of application and construction.
- Sec. 45a-561.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Connecticut may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.